Thursday, September 16, 2010

About Me...


My name is Mary Beth Fix.

I am the third of six kids of Tim and Nancy Fix:)
I have an older sister Amy who is 20, an older brother Noah who is 19, a younger sister Rebecca (who is my best friend in the whole world!!!), 15, younger sister Jenny that is 12, and then the youngest Jonah who is 6. My dad owns his own construction company, Kingdom Building and Restoration. He is also a full time missionary and travels to Guatemala, on average, ten days out of every month. Hw also started his own non-profit organization called Hope for Tomorrow, which is how he helps spread the word on what he up to and help to raise support for the ministry. My mom works at a daycare near our house part-time. She is amazing and I don’t know what I would do without her. My family is a big part of my life because they are always there and support me in my decisions.

I currently attend Oakland University to obtain a degree in Elementary Education. Then when I finish that I plan to get my Master’s degree in Special Education. Right now I am in the connections program at OU where I am able to take classes with a small group of people who are in all of my classes with me who have the same major. I also someday hope to be a counselor for youth in a church setting. My youth pastor’s wife is one of the most inspirational women I have ever met and I hope that one day I could live up to what she is. She is such an awesome role model.

I love sports! I played softball and swam in high school. I also played on my church’s softball team for a couple years and I enjoy being able to play the sport outside of such a organized setting.

I just recently quit my job at Planet Kids Children’s Center. I love working with kids and it is my passion. The reason I quit was because I was offered a higher position at Lake Orion High School life guarding and teaching swim lessons for the Lake Orion Swim Academy. In addition to those over the summer I work up at a Christian youth camp in the Upper Peninsula where I am the head lifeguard.

I LOVE JESUS!!! I am a Christian and I would be nowhere today if it wasn’t for what Christ has blessed me with in my life and the support from my church. My life is completely devoted to living for Him and I truly believe that he sent me here for a purpose in which I plan to fulfill.

I have some of the most amazing friends in the world! Through my youth group at my church I have truly met some extraordinary people that I honestly don’t think I would be the same without. Next to my sister Rebecca, Emily Miller is my best friend in the entire world! She is an absolutely amazing person that I would trust with everything and anything. She, unfortunately for me, just started school Spring Arbor University. Which is awesome for her, so as much as I miss seeing her I will just have to settle with Skype and texting.

My favorite color is also orange. I love people. I have braces. I love T-shirts, most of which come from Salvation army and Goodwill. All in all i am an extremely easy going person and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for my life. J

No comments:

Post a Comment